Requirements for Owner Operators
- Tractors - Must pass DOT Inspection performed at Golden Ring Trucking, Inc. Must pass Minnesota Annual Inspection.
- Trailers - Flatbed trailer 48X102. Must pass DOT Inspection performed at Golden Ring Trucking, Inc. Must pass Minnesota Annual Inspection.
Tractor and Trailer Equipment Requirements
- Unit Empty Weight Cannot Exceed 32,000 lbs.
- 16 4"X33' Load Straps
- 32 Edge Protectors
- 1 Winch Bar
- 8 5/16X20' Hi Tensile Load Chains
- 8 Load Binders
- 8 Beveled 4X4X8 Hardwood Lumber
- V-Boards sufficient to cover 48' Load
- Tarps kept in good repair sufficient to cover all types of loads
- Oversize Load Signs + 6 Flags
- Beacon Lights
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Vest
Settlements are Bi-Weekly. Paperwork must be in by close of business on Monday of pay week. Contractor receives 84% of Revenue (excluding Stop off Charges, Tarp Charges, Fuel Surcharge and Permit Fees) when contractor supplies the Tractor with Driver(s) and Trailer. Contractor receives 76.5% of Revenue (excluding Stop off Charges, Tarp Charges, Fuel Surcharge and Permit Fees) when contractor supplies the Tractor with Driver(s).
The Contractor will receive the following amounts or percentages of the below stated additional revenues:
| Stop Off Charge
** Except when pulling company owned
Conestoga Equipped trailer.
License & Permits
These are the responsibility of the Independent Contractor. Golden Ring Trucking, Inc. will purchase and charge back to Independent Contractor. Contractor will received $500.00 credit on the license for the following year if he or she has 120,000 dispatched miles in previous calendar year.
For additional information see your Contractor Lease Agreement.